Our vision is for all children to have a nurturing and happy childhood. Our mission is to promote ‘child-friendly sites’; where every child living on a construction site is safe, healthy and educated, and able to enjoy their childhood.
In 1969, our founder, Meera Mahadevan, picked up and soothed a hot, hungry wailing baby at a construction site in New Delhi. Mobile Creches was born with that impulsive act. After taking root in Delhi it branched out to Mumbai in 1972 and Pune in 1980 and has reached over half a million children. In the last four decades, we have worked on hundreds of construction sites and developed a model programme that can be replicated anywhere.
In September 2006, Mobile Creches split into Mumbai Mobile Creches, Mobile Creches (Delhi) and Tara Mobile Creches (Pune). Mumbai Mobile Creches (MMC) reaches over 4500 children every year.
Ashok Mahadevan, President, retired after serving as the editor of the Reader´s Digest for twenty five years. He has written extensively throughout his career. He has supported Mobile Creches since its inception.
Nalini Chhugani, Secretary, is an Early Childhood Specialist and President of the Mumbai branch of the Association for Early Childhood Education and Development. She has over 30 years of experience in teaching and supporting Early Childhood Development initiatives locally and nationally.
- Eva Runganadhan, Treasurer, holds a bachelor's degree in the arts. She has worked closely with MMC in all aspects of its operations for the past 30 years, especially in the finance department, her particular area of interest.
Vaishali Deodhar, Director, has been associated with Mumbai Mobile Creches for over twenty eight years. She holds a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, as well as a post graduate degree in Mass Communication. Ms. Deodhar has worked in media and is also a Trustee of the Rangoonwala Trust.
- Saroj Satija, Director, has been involved in the Arts Movement in Mumbai for over three decades. She is a trustee of Artists’ Centre-- an art society which also runs an art gallery under the same name. She is on the managing committee of the Kala Ghoda Art Festival - Mumbai´s most prestigious annual art festival and also a member of the Forum of Gemologists of India.
- Devika Mahadevan, Director, joined the MMC board after serving as CEO for four years. She joined MMC after working for over six years with NGOs in China, Zimbabwe and India. Devika holds a Masters degree from The London School of Economics and a Bachelors degree from Brandeis University, USA.
- Vrishali Pispati's association with Mumbai Mobile Creches (MMC) began as a volunteer in 2008. Soon, because of her deep passion for the cause and background in Finance and Law she joined MMC as General Manager and was eventually appointed as Chief Executive in March 2010. In April 2018, she transitioned from being the Chief Executive to becoming a member on the board of MMC.
- R. R. Shastri, Director, is a qualified Company Secretary and a member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India. He also holds a Post Graduate Degree in Commerce (M. Com.) and a Post Graduate Degree in Law (LL. B). He has been with the Tata Group for over three decades having worked with Tata Steel and Tata Sons before he joined Tata Industries in January 2007. As Vice President (Legal) & Company Secretary of Tata Industries Limited, Mr. Shastri was responsible for the Corporate Secretarial and Legal matters. After retiring from active employment in September 2012, Mr. Shastri has been engaged as Legal Advisor by Tata Sons, which is the promoter of the Tata group of companies.
Anuradha Rajan joined Mumbai Mobile Creches in 2018 and currently is the Chief Executive. Anuradha holds a Masters in Social Work from Tata Institute of Social Sciences and has over two decades of experience in programme development, assessments and evaluations.
Vrushali Naik holds a Masters degree in Social Work from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) and has 19 years of grassroots experience in the social sector. As Programme Coordinator, Vrushali is responsible for building and strengthening MMC’s relationship with existing and potential builders.
Pradeep Shinde has over ten years of experience in advocating rights of migrant construction workers and currently works as the Programme Coordinator (Childcare Centres) at MMC. Pradeep holds a Master’s degree in Social Work from Nirmala Niketan School of Social Work.
- Frahinsa Pinto has nine years of experience in the social space and serves as Human Resources and Administration Manager. Frahinsa is a psychology graduate from Mumbai University, holds an MBA in Human Resources, and a diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations.
- Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956; CIN: U80101MH2006NPL164821.
- Income Tax Department under Section 12A; Registration Number 40472 with effect from 22.09.2006.
- Income Tax Department under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961, valid till perpetuity; Registration number 80G/2251/2007/2008-09 dated 28.02.2008.
- FCRA registration; Registration number 083781225 dated 25.10.2010.
- National CSR Hub at the TISS, Mumbai; Hub Code: A/1/12/08/108.
Certificate of Accreditation on desirable norms by Credibility Alliance for the period of 15.07.2016 to 14.07.2021; Certificate number CA/21/2016