Our vision is for all children to have a nurturing and happy childhood. Our mission is to promote ‘child-friendly sites’; where every child living on a construction site is safe, healthy and educated, and able to enjoy their childhood.
In 1969, our founder, Meera Mahadevan, picked up and soothed a hot, hungry wailing baby at a construction site in New Delhi. Mobile Creches was born with that impulsive act. After taking root in Delhi it branched out to Mumbai in 1972 and Pune in 1980 and has reached over half a million children. In the last four decades, we have worked on hundreds of construction sites and developed a model programme that can be replicated anywhere.
In September 2006, Mobile Creches split into Mumbai Mobile Creches, Mobile Creches (Delhi) and Tara Mobile Creches (Pune). Mumbai Mobile Creches (MMC) reaches over 4500 children every year.
Ashok Mahadevan, President, retired after serving as the editor of the Reader´s Digest for twenty five years. He has written extensively throughout his career. He has supported Mobile Creches since its inception.
Nalini Chhugani, Secretary, is an Early Childhood Specialist and Ex-President of the Mumbai branch of the Association for Early Childhood Education and Development. She has over 30 years of experience in teaching and supporting Early Childhood Development initiatives locally and nationally.
- Ms. Shagoofa Rashid Khan, Additional Director, is a Lawyer and a Fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. She has over 23 years of post-qualification experience primarily in the financial services industry including advising on investments in real estate and infrastructure. She was also in-house legal counsel with leading Indian corporate houses. She has been listed on "India's Top 100 Women in Finance 2020" by Association of International Wealth Management of India. She was also listed on RSG Emerging Leaders 2019 "Top 20 Emerging Legal Leaders,India.
Vaishali Deodhar, Director,has been associated with Mumbai Mobile Creches for over twenty eight years. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, as well as a post graduate degree in Mass Communication. Ms.Deodhar has worked in media and also a Trustee of the Rangoonwala Trust.
- Devika Mahadevan, Director, joined the MMC board after serving as CEO for four years. She joined MMC after working for over six years with NGOs in China, Zimbabwe and India. Devika holds a Masters degree from The London School of Economics and a Bachelors degree from Brandeis University, USA.
- R. R. Shastri, Director, is a qualified Company Secretary and a member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India. He also holds a Post Graduate Degree in Commerce (M. Com.) and a Postgraduate Degree in Law (LL. B). He has been with the Tata Group for over four decades having worked with Tata Steel and Tata Sons before he joined Tata Industries in January 2007. As Vice President (Legal) & Company Secretary of Tata Industries Limited, Mr. Shastri was responsible for the Corporate Secretarial and Legal matters. After retiring from active employment in September 2012, Mr. Shastri served as Legal Advisor to Tata Sons, which is the promoter of the Tata group of companies, until February 2018. Since then he has been serving Tata Trusts as Senior Advisor, Secretarial Compliances.
- Vrishali Pispati, Director, her association with Mumbai Mobile Creches (MMC) began as a volunteer in 2008. Soon, because of her deep passion for the cause and background in Finance and Law she joined MMC as General Manager and was eventually appointed as Chief Executive in March 2010. In April 2018, she transitioned from being the Chief Executive to becoming a member on the board of MMC.
- Dr. Vrinda Datta, Director, is the Director of Center for Early Childhood Education and Development (CECED) at Ambedkar University Delhi. She has worked as a professor in various institutions like School of Human Ecology, and Tata Institute of Social Sciences. She has a PhD in Human Development and has conducted research in the field of early childhood.
She was also selected as a Global Leader from India by the World forum Foundation and in 2007 became the recipient of Senior Fulbright Research Fellowship to Brandeis University, USA. She recently joined MMC’s Board
Ms. Frahinsa Rodrigues joined MMC in 2010 to lead the Administration team as the Administration Manager. During her journey with MMC, she has worn several hats at MMC- from Manager to Sr. Manager HR & Admin. She recently climbed the ladder from General Manager – Operations and HR to Chief Executive. She has 19+ years of experience in the social space.
Frahinsa is a Psychology graduate from Mumbai University, holds an MBA in Human Resources and a diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. She has successfully graduated as a Social Entrepreneur from Dasra Social Impact.
Vrushali Naik holds a Masters degree in Social Work from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) and has 19 years of grassroots experience in the social sector. As Programme Coordinator, Vrushali is responsible for building and strengthening MMC’s relationship with existing and potential builders.
Pradeep Shinde has over ten years of experience in advocating rights of migrant construction workers and currently works as the Programme Coordinator (Childcare Centres) at MMC. Pradeep holds a Master’s degree in Social Work from Nirmala Niketan School of Social Work.
- Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956; CIN: U80101MH2006NPL164821.
- Income Tax Department under Section 12A; Registration Number 40472 with effect from 22.09.2006.
- Income Tax Department under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961, valid till perpetuity; Registration number 80G/2251/2007/2008-09 dated 28.02.2008.
- FCRA registration; Registration number 083781225 dated 25.10.2010.
- National CSR Hub at the TISS, Mumbai; Hub Code: A/1/12/08/108.
Certificate of Accreditation on desirable norms by Credibility Alliance for the period of 15.07.2016 to 14.07.2021; Certificate number CA/21/2016