Mumbai Mobile Creches is a non-profit organization that has supported the health, safety and education of children living on construction sites for the last four decades. It runs comprehensive day care centers on construction sites, serving children who are among the most vulnerable of the urban poor. It has been a pioneer in developing early childhood education programmes and curricula. In Mumbai, it serves over 4500 children through approximately 30 centers every year.
Mumbai Mobile Creches is seeking an experienced person who can efficiently manage and supervise advocacy operations at Mumbai Mobile Creches. This will involve managing and overseeing the smooth functioning of the activities such as:
- Building the capacity of migrant construction workers and their families to access their basic entitlements in Mumbai.
- To facilitate trainings, vocational and skill building for workers.
- To prepare reports on the advocacy programme.
- Networking and advocating for the rights of migrant workers and children of migrant workers.
- Coordinating and strengthening relationships with other voluntary organizations, central and state government departments, and other relevant organizations.
- Should be a MSW with minimum 3 years relevant work experience
- Fluency in English, Marathi and Hindi
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, highly organised, flexible and energetic team player
The Mumbai Mobile Creches office is in South Mumbai. Working hours are 8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org