Mumbai Mobile Creches is a non-profit organisation that has supported the health, safety and education of children living on construction sites for the last four decades. It works with builders and runs day care centres and non-formal schools on the construction site itself. Mumbai Mobile Creches has been a pioneer in developing early childhood education programmes and curricula, seeking innovation in the education of migrant children. In Mumbai, the organisation serves over 4700 children through 27 centres every year.
Mumbai Mobile Creches is seeking an experienced person who can efficiently manage and supervise financial operations at Mumbai Mobile Creches. This will involve managing and overseeing the smooth functioning of the activities such as:
A) Make payments and receive funds in accordance with finance procedures:
- Collect and examine supporting documents.
- Ensure that documents and signatures are valid.
- Prepare cheques/payment orders and ensure that they are properly delivered.
- Record all transactions, on manual/computer systems as appropriate.
B) Manage the petty cash:
- Ensure that supporting documents/signatures are valid.
- Prepare petty cash vouchers.
- Be responsible for petty cash held in the office.
- Prepare Petty Cash Form, and request additional cash as necessary.
- Carry out cash count every two weeks.
C) Ensure that all accounts records are filed in an orderly manner.
D) Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
E) Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
F) Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donors.
G) Undertake any other duties that may be requested by the Finance Manager.
- Should be a Graduate in any stream with 1 or 2 years minimum relevant work experience and basic knowledge on fundraising would be preferable.
- Good command over English ( written and verbal )
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, highly organised, flexible and energetic team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
The Mumbai Mobile Creches office is located in South Mumbai. Working hours are 8:45 am – 4:30 pm. Every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month is a holiday.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org