Mumbai Mobile Creches is a non-profit organisation that has supported the health, safety and education of children living on construction sites for the last four decades. It works with builders and runs day care centres and non-formal schools on the construction site itself. Mumbai Mobile Creches has been a pioneer in developing early childhood education programmes and curricula, seeking innovation in the education of migrant children. In Mumbai, the organisation serves over 4700 children through 27 centres every year.
Mumbai Mobile Creches is seeking an experienced person for the position of Education Coordinator, for effectively carrying out the functions of teaching program and meet the programme and donor’s requirements. The Education Coordinator will be responsible for the following.
- Overall implementation and coordination of the education programme.
- Assign duties, check on work plans of education officer and undertake regular visits to all the MMC centers to ensure the smooth implementation of the programme
- Effectively implement, monitor, and evaluate the Primary, Pre-primary and Crèche Education programmes.
- Monitor teaching programme and develop MIS to monitor teaching and children performance indicators and system in consultation with Programme Manager
- Documentation of monthly, quarterly and half yearly donor, reports, including both narrative and financial reports.
- Develop , improve and monitor monthly timetable for the 0-3 year olds and the 3-6 years old children
- Implement various new tools and activities to enhance visibility of education Programme.
- Identify and prioritize materials and equipment needed for the education programme and coordinate with the HR & Administration Manager and CEO to arrange for purchase.
- Maintain partnerships and relationships with other NGOs, schools, institutions etc. who could add value to the program.
- A Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education / Human Development OR Bachelors in Early Childhood Education / Human Development with 3 years’ experience.
- Atleast 3-5 years, experience in Early Childhood Care and Education is preferred.
- Fluency in English, Hindi and Marathi are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and MS word is essential.
The Mumbai Mobile Creches office is located in South Mumbai. Working hours are 8:45 am – 4:30 pm. Every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month is a holiday.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please contact: email@example.com